Vanilla Grapefruit Margaritas
- 5 oz. Grapefruit juice - freshly squeezed
- 2 1/2 oz. Vanilla syrup - recipe below
- 1 oz. triple sec / grand marnier
- 2 1/2 oz, Silver tequila
- bunch of mint - cleaned and lightly chopped
- Vanilla salt - recipe below
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean / 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Vanilla Salt Rim:
- 2 Tbs. Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. Sea salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
Vanilla Syrup Method:
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Set aside (strain if needed) and cool.
Vanilla Salt Rim Method:
- Combine the salts and powder together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the vanilla extract on, making sure to distribute evenly in order to avoid clumping. Stir and set aside.
Vanilla Grapefruit Margaritas Method:
- Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with Ice.
- Shake for about 15 - 30 seconds.
- Rub each glasses rim with grapefruit juice, then dip rim in vanilla salt.
- Fill each glass with 3 ice cubes and pour into glass through a strainer. Top with a sprig of mint.
Pomelo Margaritas are a great variation I made the week before. Just substitute 4 oz. Pomelo juice and 1 oz. lemon/lime juice to replace the grapefruit juice.