Heart Shaped Jello Shots With Cherries Via
Shopping List (Makes 12 heart shaped shots)
1 cup Three Olives Cherry Vodka
3 oz. box cherry jello
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 table spoons sugar
1 packet Knox Gelatin
12 cherries with stems
1 heart shaped cookie cutter (I bought this Wilton 6pc set from Michaels so that I would have the right size for my cupcake tin)
1. White layer: Pour 1/2 a cup of water and 1/2 a cup of coconut milk into a sauce pan and then sprinkle 1 packet of Knox gelatin on top. Let is sit for one minute, then turn on medium heat and stir until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup sugar and heat until dissolved.
Turn off the heat and wait until the mixture is just warm and then add 1/2 a cup of vodka.
2. Lightly grease cupcake pan with baking spray. You can use a brownie pan too. Wipe off excess spray with a paper towel. (Won’t effect in taste or form, but it helps in unmolding the jello later) Fill tins or pan halfway with coconut jello and vodka mixture.
3. Let white layer firm up for 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Prepare cherries by drying them and slicing off the bottoms so they sit flat on the coconut layer. Place cherries directly in center of the tins.
5. Add Cherry Jello packet to 1 cup of boiling water in a small sauce pan. When dissolved allow to cool and then add 1/2 cup vodka.
6. Carefully pour cherry jello and vodka mixture into the cupcake pan on top of coconut jello so that it just the top of the cherry is visible. Do not fill to top, the cherry will float and not stay upright.
7. Refrigerate overnight.