When your close friends and neighbors happen to be foodies just like you, there is no way to avoid it, every weekend revolves around the next meal. And of course in our case, that always includes the next cocktail.
Hard Apple Cider Sangria
~ Lots of great recipes at this site!
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced (1/8″-1/4″ thick)
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup toasted caramel whiskey
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup light rum
- 1 − 22oz bottle hard apple cider
- Combine all ingredients into a pitcher, chill for 20-30 minutes in the freezer and serve over ice.
I sliced the apple using a mandolin set at ⅛” thickness
The orange I sliced with a knife as thinly as I could.