Color Therapy Blue
Color therapy is a form of holistic healing that has been used for thousands of years to treat physical and emotional issues. Also known as chromotherapy, color therapy is regaining popularity today. According to ayurveda, the 5,000 year old traditional medicine of India, every color has certain healing energies. By using color therapy techniques when you are decorating your home or office, you bring those healing energies into your space and enhance or diminish certain qualities.
In this post we will take a deeper look into the color blue, The Throat Chakra, how blue color therapy can effect the mind and body, and how to integrate blue into your home decorating.
Blue And The Throat Chakra
Blue is associated with the Throat Chakra. It is said to enhance communication skills, increase will power and aid artistic expression. Blue is a calming color that lowers blood pressure, lessens insomnia and eases anxiety.
Blue is also believed to help relieve migraines, chicken pox, itching, jaundice and lowers blood pressure. It eases throat problems like tonsillitis, is a stress reliever and helps eye problems like glaucoma and cataracts.
An over-abundant exposure to blue can cause tiredness or depression. Balance this with the color orange, which is blue’s compliment color.
Continue Reading: Color Therapy and The Seven Chakras of Healing
- Color Therapy: A Holistic Approach to Home Decorating
- Color therapy Red and The Base Chakra
- Color Therapy Blue And The Throat Chakra
- Color Therapy Indigo and The Brow “Third Eye” Chakra
- Color Therapy Purple and The Crown Chakra
- Color Therapy Yellow and The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Color Therapy Green and The Heart Chakra
- Color Therapy Orange and The Sacral “Sex” Chakra